The Collaborative Leadership Development Board develops in response to the Christie Commission. The role of the Board is to promote and implement specific collaborative leadership development initiatives across Scottish public service. The Core Principles of the board serves as a guiding framework for progressing our work.
It’s core principles were defined as follows:
- Deriving maximum benefit and impact from resources we already have
- Commitment to working collaboratively; establishing mutual respect for diversity of organisations and working with shared objectives.
- Focusing upon full spectrum of development activities that support/facilitate collaborative leadership (including work-based learning)
- Doing work that has a clear benefit for working with real issues (with potential to make a different for society)
- Committed to evaluate impact of work and adjusting approaches to achieve effective outcomes